Grilled Filet with Stilton Sauce
- 4 filet mignons
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup Madiera
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup demiglace or brown stock
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces Stilton, or gorgonzola cheese
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Season filets with salt & pepper, rub all over with softened butter.
2. In a saucepan, combine the Madiera, shallots and garlic and reduce to 2 tablespoons. Add the cream and demiglace/stock and reduce to about 1 cup.
3. In a bowl, cream the butter and cheese until smooth. Whisk the mixture a little at a time into the saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. While preparing the sauce, grill the steaks. Serve immediately with sauce. Season with cayenne pepper to taste.