Baked Taco Pie
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In medium-sized skillet, combine ground beef and taco seasoning and cook according to package directions for traditional taco meat.
3. Once cooked, pour a small amount of beef mixture into bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan or your favorite baking dish. I use all sizes!
4. Place a soft tortilla on top of meat mixture.
5. Spread the tortilla with 1/4 cup beef mixture, 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat for each later and then top off the top layer with remaining cheddar cheese as well as the Monterrey Jack Cheese.
6. Bake in oven until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
7. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.