CREAMY HAM NOODLE CASSEROLE
- 10 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 butter, cubed
- 3 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup, undiluted
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (8 oz each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored crackers
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, sauté the celery, pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk and salt. In a very large bowl, combine the soup mixture, ham and mushrooms. Drain pasta; add to soup mixture and toss to coat.
Transfer to two greased 13X9 in baking dishes. Top with cracker crumbs. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
To use frozen casserole: thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through.