- 1 large green or red leaf lettuce head
- 1 small cucumber peeled
- 2 small tomatoes cut in wedges
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place the lettuce in a large bowl.
Slice the cucumber into thin rounds and add the rounds to the lettuce, along with the tomatoes and onion. Set aside.
Whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive and vegetable oils until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, toss the salad with the vinaigrette.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 322 calories; 120 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 32 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 3.05 grams fiber.