CHICKEN - HERB-GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS, THAI STYLE
- Serves: 6
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 serrano chili, stemmed, copped
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
Combine first 10 ingredients in processor. Process until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
Arrange chicken in 13X9X2 inch glass dish. Spoon herb mixture over chicken, covering completely. Cover dish; chill at least 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally (Can be made 1 day ahead). Keep chilled.)
Meanwhile, prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices. Transfer to plates and serve.