PINEAPPLE - GRILLED PINEAPPLE WITH TEQUILA-BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
- Makes: 6
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 2X1 inch pieces
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes drained
1. Stir first 4 ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Thread pineapple pieces onto 6 skewers, dividing equally. (Tequila mixture and pineapple skewers can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover separately and chill).
2. Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Grill pineapple until brown, basting with tequila mixture and turning occasionally, about 10 minutes total. Remove pineapple from skewers, serve hot or warm.