South-of-the-Border Loaded Sweet Potato
Per serving: 342 calories, 35 g protein, 47 g carbohydrates (13 g sugar), 2 g fat, trace saturated fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 304 mg sodium.
- 1 (8-ounce) sweet potato
- 4 ounces extra-lean ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon all-natural salt-free fajita or Southwest seasoning
- Olive oil spray (propellant free)
- 1/3 cup fresh salsa, drained (from the refrigerated section)
- 2 tablespoons jarred all-natural roasted green salsa
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
When it comes to topping the potato with salsa, start out with 1/3 cup of fresh salsa and drain the liquid from it. It will likely only be about 1/4 cup (maybe a bit more) in the end. Note that the toppings won't fit inside the potato - they will spill out over the top, making it even more decadent to eat!
Using a fork, poke the potato 5 times on all sides and place it in a microwave-safe bowl or dish. Cover the dish loosely with a paper towel. Microwave it on high for 3 minutes. Carefully flip the potato (it will be very hot) and continue microwaving for 2 to 4 minutes longer, or until cooked and tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the turkey and seasoning.
Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, lightly mist it with the olive oil spray. Cook the turkey for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink, breaking it into bite-size chunks as you do.
Cut an opening in the potato that stretches 1 inch from each end of the potato and deep enough to open the potato completely without cutting it in half. Put it in a medium shallow bowl. Stuff the potato with the fresh salsa, then the turkey, then the green salsa. Top it with the yogurt. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Beef Casserole Recipe -... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- White Bean & Prosciutto Bruschetta 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Decked-Out Dates & Pecan-stuffed... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet 'n Hot Corn Relish (For... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Indian Cauliflower Fritters 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Creamy Meatballs and Potatoes 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fritters with Yogurt... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Mallow Sweet Potato Bake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)