CHICKEN -- GORGONZOLA-STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
This is a brilliant quick dinner party dish. The chilli powder cuts the richness of the Gorgonzola and adds a subtle hint of colour.
Makes 4 chicken breasts
- This is a brilliant quick dinner party dish. The chilli powder cuts the richness of the Gorgonzola and adds a subtle hint of colour.
- Makes 4 chicken breasts
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 500 g/1lb 2oz tagliatelle
- fresh marjoram leaves and chilli powder, to garnish
- For the stuffing
- 50 g/2oz soft cheese or mascarpone
- 50 g/2oz Gorgonzola
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh marjoram
- For the Sauce
- 100 ml/4fl oz dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp double cream
- 100 g/4oz Gorgonzola cut into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180C-350F. Using your fingers, ease the skin away from each chicken breast to form a pocket - it should still be attached to the breast. Rub the flesh with a little olive oil.
2. Mash the stuffing ingredients together and divide between the breasts, pushing it into the pockets and easing the skin back over the stuffing to seal well. Lay the breasts skin-side up in a shallow ovenproof dish and cook for 25 min.
3. Meanwhile, make the sauce; in a small heavy-based pan, reduce the wine b half, then add the cream and boil until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted; set aside.
4. Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions; drain well and add the remaining olive oil, stirring well to coat.
5. Preheat the grill to high and pop the chicken under it to add a little extra colour, then slice on the diagonal. Twirl a mound of pasta in the centre of each plate with a fork, spoon over the sauce and sprinkle with marjoram and chilli powder. Lay the chicken around it.