Mexican Sweet Mini Pepper Poppers
Creamy, cheesy chicken with a kick fill these super sweet mini peppers with a crunchy tortilla chip topping. They're so good!
- 1 (2 pound) bag sweet mini-peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (+/-) Ground Chipotle Chile Powder, to taste
- 1/2 lime juice
- 3-5 drops Sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups roasted chicken, shredded and chopped (we used whole legs)
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chiles, chopped
- 3 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Chipotle Chile powder
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from callhimyeschef.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
Wash, halve and clean mini-peppers. Place on parchment lined baking sheets, hollow side up.
Mix cream cheese, Pepper Jack Cheese, cumin, chili powder, Chipotle chile powder and chopped garlic in mixer until thoroughly blended. Blend in lime juice, Sriracha sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
Add shredded chicken, drained chopped green chiles and chopped tomatillos. Blend by hand until thoroughly mixed
Fill mini peppers with chicken/cheese mixture.
Blend crushed tortilla chips with a little chili powder and ground Chipotle Chile Powder.
Dip stuffed mini peppers into crushed tortilla chip mixture and place back onto baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes - until hot and bubbly.