Blistered Tomatoes and Feta
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 3 cups grape or pear tomatoes (preferably a mix of yellow and red), washed and dried
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 4 ounces French feta or 3 ounces Greek feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Just before it starts to smoke, add the tomatoes (they will pop and sputter). Cook until the tomatoes blister and their skins char, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and add the feta. Add the oregano and cayenne, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the broth and serve.
If you can't find French feta, you can substitute Greek feta. Just use a little less (about 3 ounces), because Greek has a stronger flavor.