One Pot Italian Meatball Soup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC Splendido Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Cold Pressed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1 can (796 mL) no name Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 2 cups (500 mL) Whole Wheat Rotini
- 32 PC Blue Menu Lean Italian Beef Meatballs (half a box)
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions and celery for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Stir in carrots; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until carrots are softened.
Stir in water, tomatoes and oregano. Bring to a boil. Stir in rotini. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook uncovered for 8 minutes. Stir in frozen meatballs; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Chef’s Tip: Peel and chop the vegetables the night before to save time.