Potato Latkes – No Bake
- 4 tsp. canola or olive oil, divided
- 4-5 med. Idaho potatoes (2 lb.) grated – can be grated in food processor
- 1 med. onion – minced in processor
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 T. fresh dill or 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 egg & 2 egg whites or 2 egs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Place oven racks on lowest positions. Preheat oven to 450°. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Spray each with non stick spray & then brush / 1 tsp. oil – this will provide a crispy exterior to the latke.
2. Peel potatoes or scrub if not peeling. Grate.
3. In large bowl mix potatoes, onion, garlic, & dill. Add eggs & 2 tsp. oil.
4. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with back of spoon.. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or till bottoms are browned & crispy. Turn latkes over. Switch pans from upper to lower shelves. Bake 8-10 minutes till brown. Serve immediately.
Yeild: 2 dozen med. or 6 dozen minis. Serve with apple sauce and/or sour cream.