Ginger, Beef, and Green Bean Stir Fry
Fresh green beans and bell peppers combine with chili garlic and hoisin sauces for a quick and tasty entree.
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2-3 tsp. chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 in. strips
- 5 cups (2 in.) cut green beans (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 3/4 cup (2 in.) slices green onion tops
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
Heat 1 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup chopped green onions, ginger, and garlic to pan; saute 30 seconds. Add beef to pan, and saute for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
Wipe pan dry with a paper towel. Add remaining 1 tsp. oil to pan; heat over medium-high heat. Add beans and pepper to pan. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 3/4 cup green onion tops; saute 1 minute. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve with rice.
You'll also love
- Chard & Caramelized Shallot Noodle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry, Bacon, and Gorgonzola... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- BBQ Corn Side Dish Recipe 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple, Bacon, & Leek Stuffing 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Dripping Au Jus Beef Sandwich... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Sauteed Green Beans with Tomato &... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Green Beans 4.6/5 (18 Votes)