Gluten-Free Russian Tea Cakes
These buttery melt-in-your-mouth cookie balls go by many names in recipe collections, including Mexican Wedding Cakes. They always contain finely chopped nuts and are twice rolled in powdered sugar. This holiday favorite is one of Betty's Best!
• Prep Time 60 min
• Total Time 1 hr 25 min
• Servings 48
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick Gluten Free mix
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
• 1 Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, the vanilla and egg. Stir in Bisquick mix and nuts until dough holds together.
• 2 Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 1 inch apart.
• 3 Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool slightly.
• 4 Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; place on cooling racks to cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar again.