BEEF AND BROCCOLI WONTONS WITH GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
Makes: 45 APPETIZERS
- Makes: 45
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 12-ounce package wonton wrappers
- 2 Tbsp oriental sesame oil
1. Blend 4 Tbsp soy sauce, ¼ cup ginger, vinegar and honey in small bowl.
2. Combine beef and next 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Mix in remaining 2 Tbsp soy sauce and 2 tsp ginger Place several wrappers on work surface; brush edges lightly with water. Place heaping 1 tsp beef filling in centre of each. Fold wrappers diagonally in half, pressing edges to seal. Place wontons on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
3. Preheat oven to 250F. Heat ½ Tbsp oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat; add ¼ wontons. Fry until wontons are golden and filling is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet; keep warm in oven. Repeat frying with remaining wontons, using ½ Tbsp oil per batch. Serve wontons with sauce.