Oven Roasted Bacon Dripped Asparagus
- 2 bunches Garden Fresh Asparagus, About 50 Stalks
- 1/2 cups Bacon Drippings (You Can Substitute Olive Oil, But There Is No Comparison In Flavor)
- Generous Amount Of Kosher Salt, Or To Taste
- Cracked Pepper To Taste
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
After you wash the asparagus, lay out on a tea towel and thoroughly pat dry. This is important so you don’t steam your asparagus. We’re going for roasted here.
Get out a cutting board and knife, you’ll need to remove the hard end of the stalk. Do test cuts in tiny increments, starting at the bottom of the asparagus. You’ll know where to cut by when knife easily slides through.
Line up your asparagus on a couple of baking sheets, or your Pampered Chef bar pans work excellent! Drizzle with bacon drippings and generously sprinkle with kosher salt and cracked pepper. (Kosher salt will make all the difference in something like this, you want the large-grained crunch and the mellow flavor this salt brings.)
Roast asparagus for about 10 minutes, then test, so that you don’t overcook it! You want to maintain a bit of crisp still, but with tender insides.
You'll also love
- POTATOE FRIES BAKED ZESTY 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Five ingredient pineapple upside... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marie Callender's Corn Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary-Brandy Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon And Cheese Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with Roasted Asparagus and... 0/5 (0 Votes)