Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease a 13 x 9 inch Baking Dish.
Makes 2 Dozen Brownies.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 1 C. (2 sticks) Butter
- 1/2 C. or 4 oz. or (4 squares) unsweetened Chocolate
- 5 large Eggs
- 2 C. Sugar
- 1 T. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 3 C. Pecans (chopped) about 12 ounces
- 24 Pecan Halves
1. Prepare the baking pan and turn on the oven. In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over very low heat. Remove and cool.
2. In a medium bowl, beat Eggs at high speed until foamy. Gradually add in Sugar, cooled Chocolate mixture and Vanilla.
3. In another bowl; mix together Flour, Salt and Chopped Pecans. Stir the Flour mixture into the Chocolate mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into greased pan. Press into shape of pan. Decorate the top with the Pecan Halves.
4. Bake until a toothpick comes out almost clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Do not "over bake". Cool Brownies in the pan for about 15 minutes, then cut.