- 2 cups corn oil
- 3 green plantains
- Garlic powder or diced garlic
1. In a fryer (or deep heavy skillet) heat the oil until it is very hot but not smoking.
2. Peel the plantains and cut in 1 inch diagonal slices.
3. Drop the plantain slices in the fryer and brown on all sides (about 3 mintues).
4. Remove the plantains and dry on paper towels.
5. Use a tostonera (or two pieces of wax paper) to mash each piece into 1/4 inch thick.
6. Fry again until golden brown and crispy (about 3 minutes).
7. Remove and dry on paper towels.
8. Sprinkle on salt and garlic powder/diced sauteed garlic.