Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 12 slices pepperoni, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 40mins
Adapted from everydaydiabeticrecipes.com
In a soup pot, place cauliflower; fill with just enough water to cover cauliflower.
Over high heat, bring to a boil; cover and continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and return cauliflower to pot. Add margarine and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Dice 4 slices pepperoni and add to cauliflower, along with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, the oregano, salt, if desired, and pepper. Spread mixture in 9-inch pie plate. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot. Cut into wedges and serve.