Spinach and Spaghetti Squash Quiche
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach , thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup cooked, shredded spaghetti squash
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup part-skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from all recipes.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Pierce squash several times with a fork, and place in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, turn over, and continue cooking 10 minutes more. Squash flesh should be very tender inside. Set aside to cool.
Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Shred 1/2 cup of squash and place in a mixing bowl. Stir in egg, egg whites, evaporated milk, mozzarella cheese, and spinach until well combined. Spray a 9 inch pie place or quiche dish with cooking spray. Spread bread crumbs in the bottom and around the sides to coat. Pour egg mixture into prepared dish.
Bake quiche in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Peppercorn-crusted short ribs with... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Salad 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- McCormick Herbed Chicken and... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Watermelon & Balsamic Arugula Salad 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Bow Tie Pasta with Mushrooms &... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Turkey and Spinach Wraps with... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara 4.4/5 (12 Votes)