Cumin-Roasted Shrimp with Green Chile Cocktail Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails on
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Two 4.5-ounce cans chopped green chile peppers
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, pulse the peppers, cilantro, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until smooth.
Serve the shrimp hot, cold or at room temperature with the sauce. (The sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.)