Baked Pumpkin Cream Cheese French Toast
The easiest french toast ever with the most amazing cream cheese filling. Prep the night before and bake right before serving. Easy easy!
- FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-count) package KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation time 135mins
Cooking time 180mins
Adapted from damndelicious.net
In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes; set aside.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Pour half of the pumpkin puree mixture evenly over the top. Spread cream cheese filling in an even layer. Top with remaining bread cubes and pumpkin puree mixture to completely cover the filling.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add cold butter and toss to coat, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the bread cubes.
Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with pecans and confectioners' sugar, if desired.