ARROZ CON DULCE - COCONUT RICE PUDDING
Goya Serves 8
Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 30 min, plus soaking and cooking time
- 1 1/2 cups Goya medium grain rice
- 6 what cloves
- 1 " piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- whipped cream (optional)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- berries (optional)
1. In medium bowl, add rice and enough cold water to cover by 2". Let rice soak 1 hour, drain, set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring to boil 4 cups of fresh water, cloves, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Lower heat to medium low, simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard spices. Reserve water in saucepan.
3. Stir cream of coconut into reserved water; bring to boil. And reserve rice and raisins. Lower heat to medium low; simmer, covered, until rice and liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Transfer rice pudding to large casserole dish; transfer to refrigerator to cool.
4. To serve, scoop pudding onto serving plate. Serve with whipped cream, ground cinnamon and berries, if desired