Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is full of spice and everything nice! Make it as a dessert or even a breakfast bread!
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (.25-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130° F)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, sugar and yeast.
Beat in the warm water, pumpkin, applesauce and oil just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a firm dough. Add raisins.
Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18- x 9-inch rectangle; brush with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
Place seam side down in two greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
Bake at 350°F for 55 to 65 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
You'll also love
- No-Bake Strawberry Banana Pudding... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes for Two 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Cucumber Bites with Herbed Cream... 4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pizzelles 3.9/5 (73 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Antipasto Salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Rolls with Creamy... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)