Pasta Frittata With Cherry Tomatoes And Fresh Herbs
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound cooked penne
- 20 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Beat together the eggs and milk in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in the pasta, tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
Set an oven rack about 4 inches below the broiler and heat the broiler.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat. Swirl to coat the pan, and then add the egg mixture. Cook until the frittata is set on the bottom and around the edges, about 5 minutes. Using a spatula, lift one edge of the frittata and tilt the pan a little so the uncooked eggs flow under the set edge. Repeat this at different places around the edge of the frittata.
When the eggs are mostly cooked, sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over top. Place the frittata under the broiler. Broil until the top is golden brown and the pasta gets deliciously crisp at the edges, about 3 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Each serving: 301 calories; 630 mg sodium; 398 mg cholesterol; 19 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 16 grams carbohydrates; 17 grams protein; 1.20 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)