Hot Yeast Rolls
- 2 T. Sugar
- 2 T. Shortening Melted and Cooled
- 1 C. Lukewarm Water
- 3 1/4 C. Flour, Sifted
- 1 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 Cake yeast or 1 package Dried Yeast
1. Add Sugar, Shortening, Salt, and Yeast to Lukewarm Water. Add 1 cup of the flour and beat with hand mixer until smooth. Mix in remaining flour. Place dough on slightly floured board, let rest about 5 minutes. Knead well until smooth. Place in a greased bowl. Cover; set aside for one hour.
2. Punch down and form into rolls of desired shape. Place on greased baking sheet (or muffin pan). Cover with a damp cloth and let raise until light (about 1/2 hour).
3. Bake in preheated oven 425 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 18 Medium Rolls