Smoked Salmon Crostini
A perfect appetizer for entertaining. Smoked salmon, cream cheese, dill and capers is a classic flavor combination that will please your guests!
- 1 thin baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Capers or fresh dill for garnish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice the baguette along a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices using a serrated knife. Do not slice them thicker than 1/4 inch, or they will be difficult to bite through when toasted.
Place the slices on a cookie sheet. Stir together the melted butter and olive oil. If using unsalted butter, add a small pinch of salt to the mixture and stir to combine. If using salted butter, no need to add any additional salt. Brush the tops of the bread pieces with the oil and butter mixture.
Place the bread into the oven and let it toast for 8 to 10 minutes until the bottoms of the bread slices are golden brown and toasted. Flip the slices to check for doneness—they will brown more on the bottom than they will on the top.
While baguette slices are toasting, place Greek yogurt, cream cheese, dill, and lemon juice into a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds, scraping the sides of the processor periodically, until ingredients are well combined. Add salt to taste and process again to combine.
Cut the smoked salmon into pieces large enough to top the baguette slices.
When the baguette slices have cooled, top each slice with 1 teaspoon of the Greek yogurt mixture. Top the Greek yogurt mixture with a slice of smoked salmon. Place another small dollop of Greek yogurt mixture in the center of the smoked salmon slice. Top the small dollop with a couple of capers or a small sprig of dill.
You'll also love
- Chicken (Turkey) Wild Rice Soup 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Pork Stir-Fry with Noodles (Lo... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Quick Pickled Jalapeno Rings 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Fast Shrimp Bisque 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Open Face Tuna Sandwich 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Classic Peruvian Ceviche 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato lángos: Hungarian fried... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- MAPLE BALSAMIC PARCHMENT BAKED... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)