Apple Cornbread Dressing
A mixture of French bread and cornbread cubed makes this dressing delicious. Perfect to stuff the bird, or serve with pork chops or chicken.
- 4 cups French bread, cubed and staled
- 4 cups cornbread, cubed and staled
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups Braeburn or Granny Smith apple, peeled, diced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 375°F; coat a 9 x 13" baking dish with nonstick spray.
Mix together the bread cubes, broth, apple juice, and eggs in a bowl.
Saute onion and celery in butter in a nonstick skillet over medium high
heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Add onion mixture and remaining ingredients to the bread cubes. Mix well, then loosely mound into prepared baking dish. Bake until top is golden, about 45 minutes.
Tip: To stale fresh bread, cube it and spread on a baking sheet. Then dry in a 200°F oven for about 2 hours.
You'll also love
- Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Cream Cheese Cherry Danish 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Belgian Raspberry Brownies With... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Trios Christmas Cookies 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Crab Stuffed... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pork Chops in Brown Butter with... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Fudge 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Apple Pie Shake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)