Coffee-Braised Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
Adding coffee to meat makes it more flavorful. This recipe is easy, you put it in before work, and by the time you get home, it's ready for the family to dig in.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup ground coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick (3-inches)
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 hoagie or kaiser buns, split
- 10 slices pepper jack cheese
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Cut roast into thirds. Combine the ground coffee, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides; drain.
Transfer meat to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the celery, carrot, onion, chicken stock, brewed coffee, parsley, coriander seeds, cumin, peppercorns, cinnamon stick and bay leaf; pour over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. When cool enough to handle, shred meat. Skim fat from cooking juices. Strain cooking juices, discarding the vegetables, cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
Spoon about 1/2 cup pork onto each bun; top with cheese. Serve with cooking juices. Yield: 10 servings.
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/coffee-braised-pulled-pork-sandwiches/print#ixzz3MH0UxqeL