Tart of Gold: Creamy Orange Pie
This tangy treat only looks rich and fattening!
- For crust:
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- For filling:
- 2 (4-serving-size) boxes Jell-O vanilla sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 2 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 seedless orange, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and oil. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Cool.
3. Prepare pudding according to package directions, using the skim milk. Stir in orange extract. Spoon into pie crust, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Just before serving, arrange orange slices on top of pie.
TIP: For easier peeling, roll an orange on a countertop or squeeze gently.