Scalloped-potatoes with cheese
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour to make a roux.( 2-3 minutes)
Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Top with some paprika for color.
Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
You'll also love
- Tomatillo-Braised Chicken Thighs 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Thai Beef Tacos with Lime-Cilantro... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Rotini with Chicken, Asparagus,... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet potato sauce 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cauliflower Pilaf, Curried Shrimp... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- White Clam Pizza 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Scallops: Cajun 4.3/5 (3 Votes)