Chicken and Dumplings Stew
A hearty, savory stew perfect for fall and winter evenings
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (condensed)
- 1 can whole milk (use chicken soup can to measure)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (e.g. Penzey's)
- 4 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 9 oz chicken breast
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots (optional)
- 1 1/8 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 60 ml buttermilk (~1/4 cup)
- 60 ml milk (~1/4 cup)
Adapted from s3.amazonaws.com
1) Melt butter in saucepan. Saute onion and garlic in saucepan until soft and aromatic.
2) Add condensed soup, milk, salt, and poultry seasoning. Whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil; add mushrooms and chicken breast. Reduce heat to simmer and cover pan. Simmer over low heat about 20 minutes.
3) Remove chicken from the saucepan, shred it into small pieces, and return to saucepan. Stir in peas.
4) Add Bisquick, buttermilk, and milk to medium bowl and blend to make a soft dough. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls into the simmering stew.
5) Cover pan and simmer about 15 minutes. Uncover pan and simmer 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with paprika and serve hot!
Makes 3 servings. 11 Weight Watchers Points per serving.
You'll also love
- Noodle Kugel 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Caldo de Verduras con Conchitas... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Black Rice, Beet & Kale Salad with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Vegetable Bean Soup - 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Welsh Rabbit (Rarebit) British... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Hoppin' John 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Leeann Chin Sesame Chicken 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Traditional Louisiana Turducken 4.3/5 (7 Votes)