Pork Chops with Mango Chutney
These chops are slightly spicey. If you have a frying pan that you can put under the broiler, you don't need to transfer the chops to a baking pan.
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Four pork chops (I use boneless)
- 2 to 3 Tbls mango chutney (or pear chutney)
- 2 tsps sugar
Place the oil, coriander, black pepper, salt and cayenne in a resealable gallon-sized plastic bag. Mix together and add the pork chops turning them to coat completely. Refrigerate a minimum of 20 minutes to overnight.
Put an oven rack in the top middle position in the oven and turn on the broiler.
Heat a large frying pan for 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the chops and sear until browned. Turn the chops over and transfer the frying pan to the oven. If you don't have a frying pan that you can put under the broiler, turn the chops and continue to brown the other side. Then transfer the chops to a baking pan.
Broil the chops for 3 minutes, remove from oven and spread the chutney evenly over each chop. Sprinkle each chop with 1/4 tsp of sugar and return the frying pan or baking pan to the oven. Continue to broil the chops until the chutney is deep golden - if the ends get a bit charred, that is fine. Remove the chops to a plate and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Chimichangas 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Minced Lobster (for 10) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Layered Casserole with Beef,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Nathan's Lemon Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- KIELBASA & KAPUSTA 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Campbell's 2 step Pork Chops 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Teriyaki Mahi Mahi With... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cod Seared with Peach-Mango Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)