Taffy Apple Salad
Some say it is a Salad, but it is more like a very tasty Dessert in disguise. Enjoy!
- 1 8oz. can of Crushed Pineapple (drained but save the juice)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 t. Flour
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 C. Diced Red Apples
- 1 Green, Granny Smith Apple, (diced)
- 1 C. Nuts (chopped)
- 1 -8 oz. Cool Whip
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1. Mix Pineapple Juice, Egg, Flour, Vinegar and Sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until thickened. It will look like Custard.
2. Remove from heat and Cool
3. Dice the Apples but, DO NOT PEEL.
4. Add the Apples, drained Pineapple and Cool Whip, then stir into the custard mixture.
5. Add Nuts and swirl Caramel on top.