tuna rice bake.
Looking for some last-minute inspiration? Try this incredible
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pure cream
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
* Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
* Grease a 6cm deep, 22cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
* Cook rice following packet directions.
* Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat.
* Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened.
* Add celery and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
* Remove from heat.
* Stir in tuna, basil and rice.
* Spoon the mixture into prepared pan.
* Whisk eggs, cream and parmesan in a bowl.
* Season with salt and pepper.
* Pour over rice mixture.
* Tap the pan on bench to remove air bubbles.
* Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned and cooked through.
* Stand in pan for 5 minutes.
* Turn on to a plate. Cut into wedges.