Roasted Tomatillo Hummus
This makes a really awesome blend between a salsa and a hummus. It's just as home on a tortilla chip as it is on a pita.
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 large tomatillos, husks removed, washed and cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, minced (seeds and ribs removed if desired)
- juice 1 lime
- pinch salt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Place the tomatillos on a baking sheet and broil them on the top rack of your oven until dark and charred. This should take 4 to 5 minutes but watch them closely. Remove and let cool.
Blend everything, including the tomatillos, until nice and smooth. Adjust the seasonings to taste, more salt if necessary. Serve with pitas or even tortillas! Yum!
You'll also love
- Roasted Vidalia Onions with Herbed... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Four-Cheese Chicken Fettuccine 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Paleo Cranberry Sauce 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Mushroom & Swiss Burgers 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- No-Bake Granola Bars 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Chile con Queso 4.5/5 (26 Votes)