Fennel, Red Pepper And Mushroom Salad
- 2 pounds fennel bulbs trimmed, quartered, and cut into thin slices crosswise
- 2 large red bell peppers cut 2" pieces
- 8 mushrooms - (1/4 lb) thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 garlic clove pressed or very finely minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Slice the vegetables as thinly as you can for this salad.
Combine the fennel, bell peppers, mushrooms, parsley, chives and Parmesan in a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and the olive oil. Toss with the salad and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Each serving: 179 calories; 148 mg sodium; 2 mg cholesterol; 15 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams protein; 3.91 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)