White Bean & Prosciutto Bruschetta
Hearty White Bean & Prosciutto Bruschetta is a quick crowd-pleasing appetizer. Perfect on a buffet table or to pass at a gathering of friends and family.
- 2 cups cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, fat removed, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Put the beans in a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl. Using a fork, mash the beans to a coarse puree.
Stir in the vinegar, oil, thyme, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
Put some of the prosciutto on each bruschetta slice and top with the bean mixture.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon parsley and the red onion over the beans.
You'll also love
- Bacon-Ranch Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Martini 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Bacon and Tomato Potato Skins 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet, Hot & Spicy Jerky 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chorizo and White Bean Stew 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Lentil Cream Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheese-Garlic Bread Spread 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic & Herb Pull-Apart... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)