Buttery Garlic Herb Knots
Prep: 15 min | Inactive Prep: 2 hr | Cook: 15 min
Yield: 18 knots
- SIMPLE PIZZA DOUGH:
- 1/2 recipe Simple Pizza Dough, recipe follows
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 10 cloves garlic, grated
- Bench flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups warm water (105 to 110 degrees F)
- 1 envelope active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Nonstick spray
- 2 hr 30 min
Prepare the recipe for Simple Pizza Dough. While the dough is rising, prepare the remaining ingredients for the garlic knots and preheat
the oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix the butter with the thyme, rosemary, 2 tablespoons Parmesan and garlic.
Turn the risen dough out onto a floured surface. Stretch the dough into a rectangle. Spread half of the butter mixture on half of the
dough. Then fold the dough in half, covering the butter with the dough.
Using a pizza wheel, divide the dough into 18 strips. First cut through the middle, then you can cut each half into 9 pieces. Stretch Buttery Garlic Herb Knots
Recipe courtesy Kelsey Nixon
1 of 3 6/22/2014 1:32 PM
strip and tie into a knot and tuck the ends underneath the center of the knot. Place the knots onto a baking sheet.
Sprinkle the knots with some of the Parmesan and bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.