Wild Mushroom Crostini
A mélange of sautéed mushrooms and wine is the earthy star of this crostini recipe. Fresh herbs and ricotta add a bright touch to a tasty appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for spreading and drizzling
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Four slices rustic sourdough bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup chives, snipped
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a large skillet, melt butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Add shiitake and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned, 4 minutes.
Add oyster mushrooms and cook until softened and lightly browned, 4 minutes.
Add shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes.
Stir in the wine, lemon juice, thyme and the 1 tablespoon of parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the bread with olive oil and grill until toasted and charred in spots, about 1 minute per side.
Spread each toast slice with 1/4 cup ricotta. Spoon the mushrooms on top and and sprinkle with the tarragon, chives and additional parsley. Cut the crostini in half, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
You'll also love
- One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Herbed Goat Cheese Spread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- 4 Layer Pumpkin Dessert 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Roasted sweet potato salad 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Egg Mushrooms 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Emeril Lagasse's Chicken Marsala 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Gouda & Beer Fondue Bread Bowl 4.6/5 (19 Votes)