Slow Cooker Lasagna
This lasagna is made easy using your slow cooker. Includes all of the ingredients you'd expect in a great tasting lasagna, Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta cheese. If you like lasagna, you'll love this recipe!
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 (15-ounces each) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (8-ounces)
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 395mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.
Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
You'll also love
- One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Herbed Goat Cheese Spread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- 4 Layer Pumpkin Dessert 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Lobster Crostini with Buttery... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Homemade vegan sausage crumbles 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Healthier Chicken Fried Rice 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Fried Chicken Panini 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage Pasta 4.7/5 (10 Votes)