Chicken Thighs with a Balsamic and Garlic Sauce
I wanted to try out a new balsamic vinegar I picked up at Trader Joe's, so I thought I would make it into a sauce for some chicken thighs. The chicken turned out really moist and tender and went perfectly with the sweet and tangy sauce. It was really easy to make and tasted so amazing.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of any fat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of chicken broth
Adapted from fortheloveofcooking.net
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large OVEN PROOF skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken thighs with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Lay the chicken thighs smooth side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and place in the oven. Cook for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
Remove chicken from oven and set aside on a platter to rest with a tin foil tent to keep warm. Return the skillet to the stove over medium high heat (add more olive oil if needed) and add minced garlic. Cook, stirring constantly for 60 seconds then add the balsamic vinegar. Stir, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan for about 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Mix the butter and flour together making a paste. Whisk in the flour and butter mixture and let the sauce return to a boil. Simmer until the sauce gets thick - about 1-2 minutes. Pour the sauce over chicken and serve. Enjoy.
You'll also love
- Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil... 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Lemon Bars 4.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Baked Tofu & Quinoa with Chickpeas... 5/5 (8 Votes)
- MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON AND RANCH 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Butter 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Asian-Glazed Drumsticks 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with... 4.6/5 (37 Votes)