French Potato Salad (Ina Garten)
This a fall favorite served with pork or beef tenderloin.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar (can be subsituted with white wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil (optional) chopped
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to pot. Place pot over low heat until liquid from potatoes vaporates, about 2 minutes.
Cut warm potatoes into quarters. Toss with wine and chicken stock.
In bowl, mix vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper, then slowly whisk in olive oil. Add mixture to potatoes.
Add scallions, dill, parsley and basil.
Let stand at at room temperature. Toss again and serve.