Better than... Christmas Cake
Chocolate peppermint cake, topped with whipped cream, Oreo crumb and peppermint candies. Perfect for Christmas dessert, or any time of the year!
- 1 chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to the directions on the box.
- 1 1/4 cups peppermint dairy creamer, divided
- 1 (14.5 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar Smuckers hot fudge sundae sauce
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Andes Peppermint Chips for topping (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- Crushed Oreos for topping (approximately 1 cup)
Once the cake has cooled, use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke 20+ holes in the cake.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup of the peppermint dairy creamer. Pour over the cake, trying to fill in the holes.
In the same bowl, whisk together the hot fudge sundae sauce and 1/4 cup peppermint dairy creamer. Mix in 1 cup crushed Oreos.
Pour and spread the fudge mixture over the cake as evenly as possible.
Spread the cool whip over the fudge. Sprinkle on the Andes candy bits and crushed Oreos (as much or as little as you want).
Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, until the sweetened condensed mixture has soaked into the cake and it's thoroughly chilled. Cut and serve.