Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Bake
This is one of the quickest and easiest breakfast casseroles I've found.
I do usually add more cheese than in the recipe.
- 1 package (12 ounces) bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) Pillsbury "Grands" Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from Pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a 10 inch skillet, brown sausage, onions and bell peppers, drain well.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese and the sausage mixture. Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits. Press biscuits into bottom of baking dish. Pour sausage mix over biscuits.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.