Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
No take-out here, try this stay at home, healthier version of the popular Chinese dish Orange Chicken made in a slow cooker. You'll love it!
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, chopped into small chunks
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 130mins
In a bowl, mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and ketchup.
Pour the flour in a small bowl. Cover the chicken breast chunks in flour and shake off the excess.
Pour a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown the flour-covered chicken. The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked yet since it's going in the crock pot.
When the chicken is browned, place it into the crock pot. Cover the chicken with your sauce mixture and give the pot a stir.
Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
Serve over rice and even add veggies if you want a healthier meal.
You'll also love
- Blackened Chicken and Creole... 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- WINGS: Garlic & Herb Buffalo Wings 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes in Muffin Tins 4.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic Baked Chicken 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- Chewy Lemon Snowdrop Cookies 4.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach Cream... 4.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup 4.5/5 (120 Votes)