Black Bean Enchiladas in Crockpot
An easy and simple way to make enchiladas in a crockpot. Just roll them, set it and forget it until it's dinner time! The perfect recipe for weeknights your whole family will enjoy!
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 bell peppers, diced small(any color)
- 1 can (16 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded and divided., we like monterey jack
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) salsa
- 12 tortillas (6-8 inches) flour or corn
- 1 cup leftover meat - chicken, pork, hamburger, or shredded beef, optional
In a medium bowl, mix together the onion, pepper, black beans, corn, spices, meat (if using), and just 1/2 cup of the cheese. Pour about a cup of salsa (half a jar) into the bottom of the slow cooker and spread it around evenly.
Scoop about 1/3 cup into one of the tortillas, roll it up, and nestle it into the bottom of the crock pot. Repeat with the half of the remaining filling, rolling tortillas until the entire bottom of of the crock pot is filled. Spread another cup of salsa over this layer and sprinkle it with another 1/2 cup of cheese.
Continue with the remaining filling and tortillas to create a second layer. Top with another cup of salsa, but reserve the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese for later. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2-4 hours. In the last 15 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the leftover cheese over the top and let it melt.
Serve the enchiladas with the remaining salsa.
• To cook these enchiladas in the oven, layer the rolled tortillas in a 9x13 baking pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake uncovered for an additional 5-10 minutes.