Barbecue Roasted Salmon
Sweet and spicy with just the right amount of acidity make this a winning salmon dish. The spice rub melts into a glaze in the oven. The options for side dishes are endless—mashed potatoes, rice, couscous, asparagus, or sugar snap peas.
From Cooking Light - 314 calories
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice $
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets $
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder $
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind $
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges (optional) $
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 400°.
3. Remove fish from bag; discard marinade. Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon); rub over fish. Place fish in an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon slices, if desired.