Sautéed Tilapia with Lemon-Peppercorn Pan Sauce
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons drained brine-packed green peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 (6-ounce) tilapia or sole fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
Combine first 3 ingredients.
Melt 1 teaspoon of butter with oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat.
While butter melts, sprinkle fish fillets with salt and black pepper. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Dredge fillets in flour; shake off excess flour.
Increase heat to medium-high; heat 2 minutes or until butter turns golden brown. Add fillets to pan; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fillets from pan. Add broth mixture to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in two teaspoons of butter with a whisk. Serve sauce over fillets.
You'll also love
- Roasted Mushrooms with Rosemary... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- pumpkin bread, Paleo. 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The dragons blueberry barbecue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir Fried Shrimp with Spicy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MOM’S SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Fritters 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus corn casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)