Berry Breakfast Bake
- 1 loaf whole wheat italian or french bread, cubed
- 6 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla almond milk (or 2% milk)
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp McCormick ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp McCormick vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp McCormick kosher salt
- 1 package Fresh Cuts mixed berries
- 2 Tbs light butter spread, such as Brummel & Brown Spread or Earth’s Balance
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from albertsons.mywebgrocer.com
1. Place bread cubes in a 9x13 baking dish coated with cooking spay. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, milk, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
2. In the morning, bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
3.In a small bowl, cut the butter spread into the brown sugar until crumbly. Sprinkle berries and brown sugar mixture over bread.
4.Bake uncovered for another 15-20 minutes or until the knife inserted comes out clean. Serve with Blackberry Maple Syrup if desired.